RPT-UPDATE 1-Volcan says two new silver projects to raise output next year
AREQUIPA, Peru, Sept 17 (Reuters) - Peruvian miner Volcan expects two new silver projects to add 8 million ounces to its current annual output of 22 million ounces, the company's president said on Tuesday.
The two projects, worth a combined investment of $380 million, should start producing in January and February 2014, Jose Picasso told reporters at a mining conference in Peru.
"These two projects will allow Volcan to add another 8 million ounces of silver on top of current production," he said.
Volcan, a major zinc and silver producer, could increase silver production with another 6 million ounces when a third project starts operating in 2016 or 2017, Picasso said.
"Volcan would then produce up to 36 million ounces" of silver, he said.
- Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack: sources |
- Search widened as Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack |
- Confrontation in Ukraine as diplomacy stalls |
- Exclusive: Chinese raw materials also found on U.S. B-1 bomber, F-16 jets
- Freescale loss in Malaysia tragedy leads to travel policy questions