BRIEF-Jana Partners unveils Safeway stake
Sept 17 (Reuters) - * Jana Partners says owns 6.2 pct of Safeway shrs-filing * Jana Partners says had talks with Safeway management about reviewing strategic alternatives * Jana Partners says talked with Safeway management about spinoff of Blackhawk Network * Jana Partners says believes Safeway shares are undervalued - filing * Jana Partners says talked with Safeway management about exiting subscale and lower margin geograpgies * Jana Partners says may also discuss Safeway management and board composition
- Thai PM calls snap election, protesters want power now |
- North Korea says Kim's powerful uncle dismissed for 'criminal acts'
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
- Storm pushes up U.S. East Coast after deep-freeze in the South
- Venezuela's Maduro to raise pressure on business after local vote