Factbox: Police name seven victims killed in Navy Yard shooting
NEW YORK (Reuters) - Police have released the names of seven of the 12 victims killed after a gunman opened fire at the Washington Navy Yard on Monday. The names of the four other victims have been withheld until their next of kin could be notified. The suspected gunman, Aaron Alexis, 34, was shot by police.
Michael Arnold, 59
Sylvia Frasier, 53
Kathy Gaarde, 62
Roger Johnson, 73
Frank Kohler, 50
Kenneth Bernard Proctor, 46
Vishnu Pandit, 61
(Reporting By Edith Honan; Editing by David Brunnstrom)
- North Korea says Kim's powerful uncle dismissed for 'criminal acts'
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
- Thai PM calls snap election, protesters press on
- Billy Joel, Shirley MacLaine feted at Kennedy Center Honors
- Singapore hit by rare outbreak of rioting, 27 arrested |
Nelson Mandela: 1918 - 2013
Reuters looks at the life and times of Nelson Mandela, an icon of peace and reconciliation who came to embody the struggle for justice around the world. Video