U.S. defense chief to order worldwide security review
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel aims to order a review of physical security and access at all Defense Department installations worldwide following Monday's shooting rampage at the Washington Navy Yard, a senior Pentagon official said on Tuesday.
Hagel is still defining the parameters of the review with input from Pentagon leaders. The review could be formally announced as soon as Wednesday, the official added, speaking on condition of anonymity.
- Malaysia military tracked missing plane to west coast: source |
- Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack: sources |
- Ukraine forms new defense force, seeks Western help |
- UPDATE 1-Missing Malaysian plane last seen at Strait of Malacca-source
- Freescale loss in Malaysia tragedy leads to travel policy questions