U.S. defense chief to order worldwide security review
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel aims to order a review of physical security and access at all Defense Department installations worldwide following Monday's shooting rampage at the Washington Navy Yard, a senior Pentagon official said on Tuesday.
Hagel is still defining the parameters of the review with input from Pentagon leaders. The review could be formally announced as soon as Wednesday, the official added, speaking on condition of anonymity.
(Reporting by Phil Stewart; editing by Christopher Wilson)
- Target holiday cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards
- UPDATE 3-Saab wins Brazil jet deal after NSA spying sours Boeing bid
- Home sales tumble, jobless claims at near nine-month high
- Zuckerberg to sell Facebook shares worth about $2.3 billion
- Special Report: Why Ukraine spurned the EU and embraced Russia