U.S. defense chief to order worldwide security review
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel aims to order a review of physical security and access at all Defense Department installations worldwide following Monday's shooting rampage at the Washington Navy Yard, a senior Pentagon official said on Tuesday.
Hagel is still defining the parameters of the review with input from Pentagon leaders. The review could be formally announced as soon as Wednesday, the official added, speaking on condition of anonymity.
(Reporting by Phil Stewart; editing by Christopher Wilson)
- U.S. Mega Millions lottery up to $400 million, 2nd-biggest ever
- Uruguay becomes first country to legalize marijuana trade
- Pope Francis named Time's Person of the Year
- Thousands of South Africans line up to see Mandela lie in state |
- China bitcoin arbitrage ends as traders work around capital controls
Time magazine named Pope Francis as its Person of the Year, crediting him with shifting the message of the Catholic Church. Slideshow