Japan Aug crude import volume falls 2.3 pct
TOKYO, Sept 19
TOKYO, Sept 19 (Reuters) - The volume of Japan's customs-cleared crude oil imports fell 2.3 percent in August from the same month a year earlier, the Ministry of Finance said on Thursday.
Japan, the world's third-biggest oil consumer, imported 18.127 million kilolitres (3.68 million barrels per day) of crude oil last month, the preliminary data showed.
That compared with July imports of 16.83 million kl.
Japan's imports of liquefied natural gas (LNG) totalled 7.25 million tonnes last month, down 1.8 percent from a year earlier. Imports of thermal coal for power generation rose 6.1 percent to 9.54 million tonnes, the data showed. (Reporting by Osamu Tsukimori; Editing by Edmund Klamann)
- Atheists face death in 13 countries, global discrimination: study
- Signer says suffered schizophrenic episode at Mandela memorial |
- Missouri executes man for killing good Samaritan motorist in 1994
- Thai military chief rebuffs meeting request in blow to protesters |
- Apple scores legal victory over Samsung in South Korea