Mexico peso slumps toward 13/dlr ahead of Fed
MEXICO CITY, Sept 18
MEXICO CITY, Sept 18 (Reuters) - Mexico's peso weakened on Wednesday ahead of a statement from the Federal Reserve where the U.S. central bank is expected to trim back its unprecedented stimulus that has supported demand for riskier assets.
The peso shed 0.5 percent to 12.99 per dollar, heading toward the psychological 13 per dollar level.
- Pope attacks mega-salaries and wealth gap in peace message
- Air strike kills 15 civilians in Yemen by mistake: officials
- Probation for drunk Texas teen driver who killed four sparks backlash
- Atheists face death in 13 countries, global discrimination: study
- South Africa admits error over 'schizophrenic' Mandela signer |