Take Two's GTA V posts $800 mln in first-day sales
SAN FRANCISCO, Sept 18
SAN FRANCISCO, Sept 18 (Reuters) - Take-Two Interactive Software Inc racked up $800 million in first-day sales of Grand Theft Auto V, the fifth installment of the lucrative franchise that went on sale across the globe on Tuesday.
The sales figure marked a first-day record for the Grand Theft Auto series, in which players freely roam - mainly via automobiles - a make-believe gameworld based on real locations such as Los Angeles. Shares in Take-Two climbed 3 percent to $17.50 in the afternoon.
- Google bus blocked in San Francisco gentrification protest
- Thai PM urges protesters to take part in election |
- Obama, Castro shake hands as world says farewell to peacemaker Mandela |
- North Korea's 'reign of terror' worries South's leader
- Rare Singapore riot forces soul searching over foreign workers