Take Two's GTA V posts $800 mln in first-day sales
SAN FRANCISCO, Sept 18
SAN FRANCISCO, Sept 18 (Reuters) - Take-Two Interactive Software Inc racked up $800 million in first-day sales of Grand Theft Auto V, the fifth installment of the lucrative franchise that went on sale across the globe on Tuesday.
The sales figure marked a first-day record for the Grand Theft Auto series, in which players freely roam - mainly via automobiles - a make-believe gameworld based on real locations such as Los Angeles. Shares in Take-Two climbed 3 percent to $17.50 in the afternoon.
- Malaysia military tracked missing plane to west coast: source |
- Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack: sources |
- Ukraine forms new defense force, seeks Western help |
- Freescale loss in Malaysia tragedy leads to travel policy questions
- Front companies, embassies mask North Korean weapons trade - U.N