China to announce verdict for ousted politician Bo on September 22
BEIJING (Reuters) - A Chinese court will announce the verdict on Sept 22 for ousted former senior politician Bo Xilai, it said on Wednesday, following his trial last month on charges of corruption and abuse of power.
The verdict will be announced on Sunday at 10 a.m. (10 p.m. EDT), the court in Jinan in eastern China where Bo was tried said on its microblog.
(Reporting by Michael Martina)
- Putin dissolves state news agency, tightens grip on Russia media
- North Korea says Kim's powerful uncle dismissed for 'criminal acts'
- Thai PM calls snap election, protesters want power now |
- Cold, ice grip U.S. as more snow to blanket East
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
Protesters respond to calls to defend their demonstration from possible police intervention. Slideshow