Metso to cut 660 jobs in paper machine unit
HELSINKI (Reuters) - Finnish engineering firm Metso (MEO1V.HE) will cut 660 jobs in Finland at its paper machine business, as part of its cost-cutting programme in the unit.
Metso estimated in August that it might cut up to 750 jobs.
Metso said it plans to spin off and list its pulp, paper and power (PPP) unit into a new company called Valmet to boost growth. Shareholders are due to vote on the plan later this year.
(Reporting by Terhi Kinnunen; Editing by Louise Heavens)
- U.S.'s Kerry expresses regret to India over diplomat case |
- Target stores' customers hit by major credit card attack
- Mega Millions winners in Georgia, California to split $648 million |
- China confirms near miss with U.S. ship in South China Sea
- Fed cuts bond buying in first step away from historic stimulus |