House Republican spending plan to defund Obamacare: lawmakers
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - House Republicans plan to offer a spending bill that would fund the federal government at current sequester spending levels until December 15 but defund President Barack Obama's health law, lawmakers said on Wednesday.
Republican leaders plan to bring their continuing resolution measure to the House of Representatives floor for a full vote on Friday, representatives said.
(Reporting by Rachelle Younglai; Editing by Doina Chiacu)
- Pennsylvania newlyweds "just wanted to murder someone together:" police
- U.S. war veteran released by North Korea returns home |
- WTO overcomes last minute hitch to reach its first global trade deal
- Ice storm causes blackouts, delays in Texas, Arkansas
- China's parliament: Japan has "no right to criticize" air defense zone
Nelson Mandela: 1918 - 2013
Reuters looks at the life and times of Nelson Mandela, an icon of peace and reconciliation who came to embody the struggle for justice around the world. Video