House Republican spending plan to defund Obamacare -lawmakers
WASHINGTON, Sept 18
WASHINGTON, Sept 18 (Reuters) - U.S. House Republicans plan to offer a spending bill that would fund the federal government at current sequester spending levels until Dec. 15 but defund President Barack Obama's health law, lawmakers said on Wednesday.
Republican leaders plan to bring their continuing resolution measure to the House of Representatives floor for a full vote on Friday, representatives said.
- Flights delayed as air pollution hits record in Shanghai
- White House reverses, says Obama met uncle and lived with him during law school
- South Africa mourns Mandela, will bury him on December 15 |
- French launch Central African Republic mission but deaths mount
- Supreme Court to decide on patent protections for software