Austria's AMAG names Alcoa's Wieser CEO
VIENNA, Sept 19
VIENNA, Sept 19 (Reuters) - Austrian aluminium group AMAG on Thursday named Alcoa executive Helmut Wieser as its next chief executive, replacing Gerhard Falch from April 1, 2014 for a term of just over three years.
Wieser, 59, was most recently global executive vice president and group president Rolled Products at Alcoa, the world's largest aluminium producer, AMAG said in a statement.
Wieser had worked before for Austria Metall AG, a legal predecessor of AMAG.
- Moscow fights back after sanctions; battle rages near Ukraine crash site
- Carnage at U.N. school as Israel pounds Gaza refugee camp |
- U.S. economy bounces back in second quarter
- EU and U.S. announce new sanctions on Russia over Ukraine |
- Obama says strains over Ukraine not leading to new Cold War with Russia