Egypt c.bank reduces overnight interest rates by 50 bps
CAIRO, Sept 19
CAIRO, Sept 19 (Reuters) - Egypt's central bank cut its key overnight interest rates by 50 basis points (bps) at a monetary policy committee meeting on Thursday as expected.
Seven out of eight economists polled by Reuters had forecast cuts ranging from 25 bps to 100 bps. One economist had predicted no change.
The bank cut its deposit rate to 8.75 percent and its lending rate to 9.75 percent. It lowered its discount rate and the rate it uses to price one-week repurchase and deposit operations to 9.25 percent, the bank said in a statement on its website. (Reporting By Shadia Nasralla; Editing by Patrick Werr)
- White House reverses, says Obama met uncle and lived with him during law school
- South Africans, some fearful, wake to life without Mandela |
- RPT-UPDATE 1-Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image
- U.S. television, Twitter, alive with new version of 'Sound of Music'
- Key U.S. lawmakers urge China to back off on air defense zone