CANADA STOCKS-TSX steady as resources offset high-yield sector gains
TORONTO, Sept 19 (Reuters) - Canada's main stock index was little changed on Thursday, a day after the U.S. Federal Reserve surprised markets by leaving its stimulative bond-buying program in place as declines in resource shares offset strength in high-yielding sectors like utilities and telecoms. The Toronto Stock Exchange's S&P/TSX composite index unofficially closed down 4.62 points, or 0.04 percent, at 12,926.78. Six of the 10 main sectors on the index were higher.
- Russia criticizes EU sanctions, raps U.S. over Ukraine role |
- Israel says ready to extend short Gaza truce; many bodies pulled from rubble |
- First Ebola victim in Sierra Leone capital on the run
- Apple iPhones allow extraction of deep personal data, researcher finds
- Amazon's far-reaching ambitions, lack of profits, unnerve investors |