CANADA STOCKS-TSX steady as resources offset high-yield sector gains
TORONTO, Sept 19 (Reuters) - Canada's main stock index was little changed on Thursday, a day after the U.S. Federal Reserve surprised markets by leaving its stimulative bond-buying program in place as declines in resource shares offset strength in high-yielding sectors like utilities and telecoms. The Toronto Stock Exchange's S&P/TSX composite index unofficially closed down 4.62 points, or 0.04 percent, at 12,926.78. Six of the 10 main sectors on the index were higher.
- North Korea says Kim's powerful uncle dismissed for 'criminal acts'
- Thai PM calls snap election, protesters want power now |
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
- Billy Joel, Shirley MacLaine feted at Kennedy Center Honors
- Singapore hit by rare outbreak of rioting, 27 arrested |