Telenor India unit says achieves breakeven in two more zones
NEW DELHI (Reuters) - Telenor's Indian unit has achieved breakeven in two more telecommunication zones it operates in, the unit's chief executive Yogesh Malik said on Thursday.
Uttar Pradesh (west) and Bihar zones were the latest to achieve EBITDA (earnings before interest, tax, depreciation and amortization) breakeven, Malik said on a conference call.
Including the two zones, Telenor's Indian unit has achieved breakeven in five of the six zones it operates in. It expects to achieve breakeven in all the six zones by end-2013, the company had said earlier.
(Reporting by Devidutta Tripathy; editing by Malini Menon)
- Israel pummels Gaza; Kerry steps up diplomatic push |
- With sales sputtering, Apple's iPad looks to IBM alliance
- Ukraine war crimes trials a step closer after Red Cross assessment
- Five held in China food scandal probe, including head of Shanghai Husi Food
- Rebels likely downed Malaysian jet 'by mistake': U.S. officials