Telenor India unit says achieves breakeven in two more zones
NEW DELHI (Reuters) - Telenor's Indian unit has achieved breakeven in two more telecommunication zones it operates in, the unit's chief executive Yogesh Malik said on Thursday.
Uttar Pradesh (west) and Bihar zones were the latest to achieve EBITDA (earnings before interest, tax, depreciation and amortization) breakeven, Malik said on a conference call.
Including the two zones, Telenor's Indian unit has achieved breakeven in five of the six zones it operates in. It expects to achieve breakeven in all the six zones by end-2013, the company had said earlier.
(Reporting by Devidutta Tripathy; editing by Malini Menon)
- Ukraine forces kill up to five rebels, Russia starts drill near border |
- Boy and girl on Korean ferry drowned with life jackets tied together |
- Rebellious Nevada rancher's racist remarks dim Republican support
- Apple's China success sets stage for iPhone 6, new products
- Children's corpses reveal desperate attempts to escape Korean ferry |