Telenor India unit says achieves breakeven in two more zones
NEW DELHI (Reuters) - Telenor's Indian unit has achieved breakeven in two more telecommunication zones it operates in, the unit's chief executive Yogesh Malik said on Thursday.
Uttar Pradesh (west) and Bihar zones were the latest to achieve EBITDA (earnings before interest, tax, depreciation and amortization) breakeven, Malik said on a conference call.
Including the two zones, Telenor's Indian unit has achieved breakeven in five of the six zones it operates in. It expects to achieve breakeven in all the six zones by end-2013, the company had said earlier.
(Reporting by Devidutta Tripathy; editing by Malini Menon)
- Restraint marks Ferguson, Missouri protests for third straight night |
- Gaza gunmen execute 'collaborators'; mortar kills Israeli boy |
- U.S. says Russia must pull convoy from Ukraine or face more sanctions |
- Trucks from aid convoy to Ukraine start crossing back into Russia |
- U.S. hostage rescuers dropped from night sky: Syria activist