U.S. Secretary of State Kerry to make statement on Syria
WASHINGTON, Sept 19
WASHINGTON, Sept 19 (Reuters) - U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry is to make a statement on Syria as Damascus approaches a deadline on declaring its chemical weapons programs, the first step in a U.S.-Russian deal designed to eliminate them.
The State Department said Kerry would make the statement at 3 p.m. Washington time (1900 GMT).
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- Two dead, four wounded after student opens fire Washington state school
- U.S. officials considering quarantines for returning healthcare workers |
- Police say New York hatchet attack by Islamic convert was terrorist attack |
- 'We won't pay,' furious Cameron tells EU over surprise bill |