U.S. Secretary of State Kerry to make statement on Syria
WASHINGTON, Sept 19
WASHINGTON, Sept 19 (Reuters) - U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry is to make a statement on Syria as Damascus approaches a deadline on declaring its chemical weapons programs, the first step in a U.S.-Russian deal designed to eliminate them.
The State Department said Kerry would make the statement at 3 p.m. Washington time (1900 GMT).
- Israel pummels Gaza; Kerry steps up diplomatic push |
- South Korea ferry fugitive hid behind cabin wall, bags of cash at hand
- Ukraine war crimes trials a step closer after Red Cross assessment
- Five held in China food scandal probe, including head of Shanghai Husi Food
- Plane with first coffins of Malaysian airliner victims leaves Ukraine |