U.S. Secretary of State Kerry to make statement on Syria
WASHINGTON, Sept 19
WASHINGTON, Sept 19 (Reuters) - U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry is to make a statement on Syria as Damascus approaches a deadline on declaring its chemical weapons programs, the first step in a U.S.-Russian deal designed to eliminate them.
The State Department said Kerry would make the statement at 3 p.m. Washington time (1900 GMT).
- Pope attacks mega-salaries and wealth gap in peace message
- Atheists face death in 13 countries, global discrimination: study
- South Africa admits mistake over 'schizophrenic' Mandela signer |
- Thai military heads agree to meet protest leader at weekend |
- Missouri executes man for killing good Samaritan motorist in 1994