France's Hollande says to meet Iranian president next week
BAMAKO (Reuters) - French President Francois Hollande said on Thursday he had accepted an invitation to meet Iranian President Hassan Rouhani on the sidelines of the U.N. General Assembly next week.
"There is a plan to meet with the Iranian president at his request," Hollande told reporters before leaving Bamako, where he was attending a ceremony to mark the swearing-in of Mali's new president.
(Reporting Eliabeth Pineau, writing by John Irish; Editing by Janet Lawrence)
- Special Report: Thailand secretly supplies Myanmar refugees to trafficking rings |
- The 10 Most Corrupt and Least Corrupt Countries in the World
- NSA gathers data on cellphone locations globally: report
- China's airspace zone has caused apprehension: Biden |
- Obama says he's not allowed iPhone for 'security reasons'