Russia's Putin does not rule out seeking re-election in 2018
VALDAI, Russia (Reuters) - Russian President Vladimir Putin said on Thursday he had not ruled out running for a fourth term in an election due in 2018.
Putin, 60, made the remark in response to a question at a gathering with Russia experts and journalists.
Asked whether he might seek a new term as president when his current six-year mandate expires, he said: "I do not rule it out."
(Reporting by Alexei Anishchuk; Writing by Steve Gutterman, Editing by Timothy Heritage)
- U.S. forces carry out operation against al-Shabaab in Somalia
- Marilyn Monroe sex film to be kept private |
- Ukraine accuses Russia of 'undisguised aggression' as rebels advance |
- Actress Jennifer Lawrence contacts authorities after nude photos hacked
- Risk appetite flickers in Europe, ECB speculation holds down euro