Russia's Putin does not rule out seeking re-election in 2018
VALDAI, Russia (Reuters) - Russian President Vladimir Putin said on Thursday he had not ruled out running for a fourth term in an election due in 2018.
Putin, 60, made the remark in response to a question at a gathering with Russia experts and journalists.
Asked whether he might seek a new term as president when his current six-year mandate expires, he said: "I do not rule it out."
(Reporting by Alexei Anishchuk; Writing by Steve Gutterman, Editing by Timothy Heritage)
- Still no sign of Malaysian jet lost in 'unprecedented mystery' |
- The search for missing Malaysian jet
- Mexico kills drug kingpin reported dead years ago: official
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Exclusive: Malaysia plane probe narrows on mid-air disintegration - source