Russia's Putin does not rule out seeking re-election in 2018
VALDAI, Russia (Reuters) - Russian President Vladimir Putin said on Thursday he had not ruled out running for a fourth term in an election due in 2018.
Putin, 60, made the remark in response to a question at a gathering with Russia experts and journalists.
Asked whether he might seek a new term as president when his current six-year mandate expires, he said: "I do not rule it out."
(Reporting by Alexei Anishchuk; Writing by Steve Gutterman, Editing by Timothy Heritage)
- Police seek motive in fatal Washington state school shooting
- Wall St. finally turning on Amazon as Bezos magic fades
- Two deputies killed, two others hurt in California shooting spree
- Easter Island's ancient inhabitants weren't so lonely after all
- Medical worker quarantined in New Jersey under new Ebola safeguards |