Russia's Putin does not rule out seeking re-election in 2018
VALDAI, Russia (Reuters) - Russian President Vladimir Putin said on Thursday he had not ruled out running for a fourth term in an election due in 2018.
Putin, 60, made the remark in response to a question at a gathering with Russia experts and journalists.
Asked whether he might seek a new term as president when his current six-year mandate expires, he said: "I do not rule it out."
(Reporting by Alexei Anishchuk; Writing by Steve Gutterman, Editing by Timothy Heritage)
- Boy and girl on Korean ferry drowned with life jackets tied together |
- Ukraine forces kill up to five rebels, Russia starts drill near border |
- Children's corpses reveal desperate attempts to escape Korean ferry |
- UPDATE 4-Boy and girl on Korean ferry drowned with life jackets tied together
- Apple, Facebook results buoy world shares