Sprint, T-Mobile US opted not to apply for Canada auction entry
NEW YORK (Reuters) - Sprint Corp and T-Mobile US Inc said on Thursday that they had not applied to participate in Canada's upcoming spectrum auction in time for Tuesday's deadline.
Bigger rival AT&T Inc declined to comment on whether or not it had submitted an application. Verizon Communications Inc said earlier this month that it was not interested in expanding into Canada.
(Reporting by Sinead Carew; Editing by Gerald E. McCormick)
- Air strike kills 15 civilians in Yemen by mistake: officials
- Pope attacks mega-salaries and wealth gap in peace message
- North Korea says Jang Song Thaek, uncle of leader Kim Jong Un, executed
- Probation for drunk Texas teen driver who killed four sparks backlash
- Atheists face death in 13 countries, global discrimination: study
Thousands line up to say goodbye to Nelson Mandela, whose body is lying in state in Pretoria. Slideshow