U.S. Senate Republican leader says will work to defeat FERC nominee
WASHINGTON, Sept 19
WASHINGTON, Sept 19 (Reuters) - U.S. Senate Republican Leader Mitch McConnell said on Thursday he would "work to defeat" the nomination of former Colorado regulator Ron Binz to lead the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission.
"Binz has a proven track record of hostility toward coal and other traditional fossil fuels," the Kentucky senator said in a statement. "His nomination is yet another threat to American energy and jobs."
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- Putin critic Khodorkovsky in Germany after pardon |
- Target probe eyes overseas hackers; stolen cards for sale online
- Pizza outlet attacked as India, U.S. fail to cool diplomat row |
- New York Mayor-elect's reputation for lateness parodied on Twitter