India inflation to be higher than initial projection - cbank
Sept 20 (Reuters) - Inflation will be higher than initially projected over the rest of the year, in the absence of an appropriate policy response, the Reserve Bank of India said in its monetary policy review on Friday.
The central bank unexpectedly raised its policy interest rate by 25 basis points on Friday, but rolled back some of the measures it had implemented to support the battered rupee . (Reporting by Mumbai newsroom; Editing by Prateek Chatterjee)
- U.S. Mega Millions lottery up to $400 million, 2nd-biggest ever
- Pope Francis named Time's Person of the Year |
- Uruguay becomes first country to legalize marijuana trade
- Thousands of South Africans line up to see Mandela lie in state |
- China bitcoin arbitrage ends as traders work around capital controls