Canada industry minister says concerned by BlackBerry job losses
OTTAWA (Reuters) - Canadian Industry Minister James Moore voiced sympathy on Friday for workers at BlackBerry Ltd over its plans to cut 4,500 jobs, more than a third of its workforce.
"Our thoughts are with those who have lost their jobs at Blackberry, it is always a cause for concern for our government," Moore said in a terse two-sentence statement emailed just as markets closed.
"While Canada's economy is growing and creating jobs overall, we know there are still challenges ahead that we need to tackle so we can ensure continued economic growth and job creation."
- White House reverses, says Obama met uncle and lived with him during law school
- Flights delayed as air pollution hits record in Shanghai
- South Africa mourns Mandela, will bury him on December 15 |
- RPT-UPDATE 1-Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image
- Analysis: Boeing bidders dangle goodies to win 777X jetliner