Thirty pct chance of cyclone over southwestern Gulf of Mexico: NHC
(Reuters) - An area of low pressure over the southwestern Gulf of Mexico, about 900 miles east of Tampico, Mexico, has a 30 percent chance of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours while it moves northwest at 5 to 10 miles per hour, the U.S. National Hurricane Center said in its latest update.
"This disturbance will continue to produce locally heavy rains over portions of eastern and southern Mexico during the next couple of days," the agency said.
(Reporting by Shrutee Sarkar in Bangalore; Editing by Gerald E. McCormick)
- Special Report: Thailand secretly supplies Myanmar refugees to trafficking rings |
- UPDATE 1-China central bank warns banks against use of bitcoin
- The 10 Most Corrupt and Least Corrupt Countries in the World
- China central bank warns banks against use of bitcoin
- Obama says he's not allowed iPhone for 'security reasons'