Wildcard Zhang to meet qualifier King in Guangzhou final
(Reuters) - China's wildcard entrant Zhang Shuai entered her maiden WTA Tour singles final on Friday to set up a title clash with American qualifier Vania King in the Guangzhou Open.
Zhang, ranked 112th in the world, had an easy outing in the semi-final against Austria's Yvonne Meusburger and picked up her fourth straight-set win of the event with a 6-1 6-1 victory.
King, 124th in the rankings, rallied from a set down to beat the other Chinese Zheng Jie 3-6 7-5 6-3 in the $500,000 hard-court tournament, where none of the seeded players could make it to the last four.
(Reporting by Sudipto Ganguly in Mumbai; Editing by John Mehaffey)
- Insight: How U.S. spying cost Boeing multibillion-dollar jet contract
- Exclusive: Secret contract tied NSA and security industry pioneer |
- With Fed out of the way, what's next on Wall Street?
- Insight: For Chinese farmers, a rare welcome in Russia's Far East
- Analysis: Lost Brazil order raises threat to Boeing fighter jets