Death toll in attack on Baghdad Shi'ite stronghold rises to 50-sources
BAGHDAD, Sept 21
BAGHDAD, Sept 21 (Reuters) - The death toll from a bomb attack on Saturday in Baghdad's Shi'ite stronghold of Sadr City has risen to 50, police and medics said.
Police said a car bomb went off near a funeral tent, a suicide bomber driving a car then blew himself up, and a third explosion followed as police, ambulances and firefighters were gathering at the scene.
- North Korea says Kim's powerful uncle dismissed for 'criminal acts'
- Thai PM calls snap election, protesters press on |
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
- Singapore hit by rare outbreak of rioting, 27 arrested |
- Venezuela's Maduro to raise pressure on business after local vote