Nairobi mall shooting may be "terrorist" attack - government
NAIROBI, Sept 21
NAIROBI, Sept 21 (Reuters) - A mass shooting in a shopping mall in the Kenyan capital on Saturday might be a "terrorist" attack, Kenya's Ministry of Interior said.
"It is a possibility that it is an attack by terrorists, so we are treating the matter very seriously," Mutea Iringo, the principal secretary in the Ministry of Interior told Reuters.
Asked if foreign security services were involved in the operation to flush out the attackers, he said, "At this stage it has not become necessary yet."
- Target stores' customers hit by major credit card attack
- UPDATE 3-Saab wins Brazil jet deal after NSA spying sours Boeing bid
- Facebook, Zuckerberg, banks must face IPO lawsuit: judge
- U.S. prosecutor defends treatment of Indian diplomat |
- Fed cuts bond buying in first step away from historic stimulus |