At least nine killed in Nairobi mall shooting - witnesses
NAIROBI, Sept 21
NAIROBI, Sept 21 (Reuters) - At least nine people were killed in a shooting in a shopping mall in the Kenyan capital, Nairobi, on Saturday, witnesses said.
A Reuters photographer said he saw five bodies outside the mall and a former British soldier said he saw four more people who were also dead.
Two hours after the attack began, armed police combed the shopping complex shop by shop and sporadic gun fire could still be heard.
- U.S. Mega Millions lottery up to $400 million, 2nd-biggest ever
- Pope Francis named Time's Person of the Year |
- Uruguay becomes first country to legalize marijuana trade
- Thousands of South Africans line up to see Mandela lie in state |
- China bitcoin arbitrage ends as traders work around capital controls