Somali militants say no negotiations with Nairobi mall gunmen
NAIROBI, Sept 21
NAIROBI, Sept 21 (Reuters) - Somalia's al Qaeda-linked rebels said there would be no negotiations with the gunmen who killed at least 30 people in a Nairobi shopping mall on Saturday and were now involved in a standoff with Kenyan security forces.
"The Kenyan govt (government) is pleading with our Mujahideen inside the mall for negotiations. There will be no negotiations whatsoever at #Westgate," the al Shabaab militant group said on its official Twitter handle, referring to the mall where the attack happened.
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- U.S. diplomats, but not prosecutors, seek to quell India dispute |
- Target cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards at holiday peak |
- Last-minute Obamacare exemption for those with canceled plans
- New York Mayor-elect's reputation for lateness parodied on Twitter