Kenyan president says 39 dead in mall attack, will beat terrorists
NAIROBI, Sept 21
NAIROBI, Sept 21 (Reuters) - Kenyan President Uhuru Kenyatta said on Saturday that at least 39 people had been killed by "terrorists" in a gun attack on a shopping mall in Nairobi, and pledged that Kenya would hunt down those responsible.
"The despicable perpetrators of this cowardly act hoped to intimidate, divide and cause despondency amongst Kenyans," Kenyatta said in a televised address to the nation.
"We have overcome terrorist attacks before. We will defeat them again."
- Obama and Castro shake hands, Zuma humiliated at Mandela memorial |
- Google bus blocked in San Francisco gentrification protest
- Reporter can keep sources secret in Colorado theater shooting: court
- Thai PM urges protesters to take part in election |
- U.S. regulators seek to curb Wall St. trades with Volcker rule