Death toll in attack on Baghdad Shi'ite stronghold rises to 50: sources
BAGHDAD (Reuters) - The death toll from a bomb attack on Saturday in Baghdad's Shi'ite stronghold of Sadr City has risen to 50, police and medics said.
Police said a car bomb went off near a funeral tent, a suicide bomber driving a car then blew himself up, and a third explosion followed as police, ambulances and firefighters were gathering at the scene.
(Reporting by Kareem Raheem; Writing by Isabel Coles; Editing by Kevin Liffey)
- Ukraine seeks to join NATO; defiant Putin compares Kiev to Nazis |
- California passes 'yes-means-yes' campus sexual assault bill
- In town halls, U.S. lawmakers hear voter anger over illegal migrants |
- IBM launches Watson system for research, hopes for breakthroughs
- Family of instructor killed at Arizona gun range does not blame girl