Death toll in attack on Baghdad Shi'ite stronghold rises to 50: sources
BAGHDAD (Reuters) - The death toll from a bomb attack on Saturday in Baghdad's Shi'ite stronghold of Sadr City has risen to 50, police and medics said.
Police said a car bomb went off near a funeral tent, a suicide bomber driving a car then blew himself up, and a third explosion followed as police, ambulances and firefighters were gathering at the scene.
(Reporting by Kareem Raheem; Writing by Isabel Coles; Editing by Kevin Liffey)
- Australia leads southern search for missing Malaysian plane |
- Crimeans vote over 90 percent to quit Ukraine for Russia |
- France bans Monsanto GM maize ahead of sowing season
- Ukraine, Russia agree Crimea truce until March 21-Ukraine minister
- Shares hit as Crimea vote to spur sanctions against Moscow |