Death toll in attack on Baghdad Shi'ite stronghold rises to 50: sources
BAGHDAD (Reuters) - The death toll from a bomb attack on Saturday in Baghdad's Shi'ite stronghold of Sadr City has risen to 50, police and medics said.
Police said a car bomb went off near a funeral tent, a suicide bomber driving a car then blew himself up, and a third explosion followed as police, ambulances and firefighters were gathering at the scene.
(Reporting by Kareem Raheem; Writing by Isabel Coles; Editing by Kevin Liffey)
- Children's corpses reveal desperate attempts to escape Korean ferry |
- Russia says it will respond if Ukraine interests attacked |
- Vote delayed on loan guarantee for World Trade Center developer
- Obama seeks to ease Asian allies' doubts during visit to Japan |
- NYPD Twitter campaign backfires, thousands of negative tweets