Kenyan president says 39 dead in mall attack, will beat terrorists
NAIROBI (Reuters) - Kenyan President Uhuru Kenyatta said on Saturday that at least 39 people had been killed by "terrorists" in a gun attack on a shopping mall in Nairobi, and pledged that Kenya would hunt down those responsible.
"The despicable perpetrators of this cowardly act hoped to intimidate, divide and cause despondency amongst Kenyans," Kenyatta said in a televised address to the nation.
"We have overcome terrorist attacks before. We will defeat them again."
- Police hunt for motive as search for Malaysian jet spans hemispheres |
- Crimeans vote on union with Russia as troops build up rapidly |
- Malaysian PM says lost airliner was diverted deliberately |
- Democrats seek ways to limit Obamacare fallout after Florida defeat
- Indian Ocean poses daunting challenge in search for missing Malaysia plane