Helicopters swoop low over Kenyan mall - witness
NAIROBI, Sept 22
NAIROBI, Sept 22 (Reuters) - One police helicopter and one with military camouflage swooped low over a Kenyan shopping mall on Sunday where security forces were involved in a standoff with Islamist militant gunmen holding hostages, a Reuters witness reported.
Kenyan television reporters said they had been told by officials that they could soon be asked to move further back from the mall.
Minutes earlier, President Uhuru Kenyatta said security forces had "as good a chance to successfully neutralise the terrorists as we can hope for".
- Police seek motive in fatal Washington state school shooting
- U.S. nurse quarantined over Ebola criticizes her treatment |
- Two deputies killed, two others hurt in California shooting spree
- Wall St. finally turning on Amazon as Bezos magic fades
- U.S., allies stage 22 air strikes in Iraq: U.S. Central Command