Obama says U.S. will support Kenya to bring shopping mall attackers to justice
WASHINGTON, Sept 22
WASHINGTON, Sept 22 (Reuters) - President Barack Obama called Kenyan President Uhuru Kenyatta on Sunday to express condolences over what the White House called a "terrorist attack" by the al Shabaab group at a Nairobi shopping mall that has killed at least 59 people.
"President Obama reiterated U.S. support for Kenya's efforts to bring the perpetrators of the attack to justice," the White House said in a statement.
- Divers struggle in search for South Korean ferry survivors |
- Three dead in east Ukraine, Putin warns of 'abyss' |
- California city evacuation lifted after military ordnance found
- Teen in 'Jihad Jane' case to be sentenced on U.S. terror charges
- Search for Malaysia jet refocuses on drone scans of sea floor