Helicopters swoop low over Kenyan mall: witness
NAIROBI (Reuters) - One police helicopter and one with military camouflage swooped low over a Kenyan shopping mall on Sunday where security forces were involved in a standoff with Islamist militant gunmen holding hostages, a Reuters witness reported.
Kenyan television reporters said they had been told by officials that they could soon be asked to move further back from the mall.
Minutes earlier, President Uhuru Kenyatta said security forces had "as good a chance to successfully neutralize the terrorists as we can hope for".
- White House reverses, says Obama met uncle and lived with him during law school
- South Africans, some fearful, wake to life without Mandela |
- U.S. television, Twitter, alive with new version of 'Sound of Music'
- RPT-UPDATE 1-Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image
- Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image