Canada government has no comment on private offer for BlackBerry
OTTAWA, Sept 23
OTTAWA, Sept 23 (Reuters) - Canadian Industry Minister James Moore on Monday declined to comment on a tentative deal to take struggling smartphone maker BlackBerry Ltd private.
"We have no comment at this time," Moore spokeswoman Jessica Fletcher said in an e-mail.
Separately, Finance Minister Jim Flaherty told reporters in Toronto that he did not comment on private business matters. He made the remark when pressed about news that a consortium led by Fairfax Financial Holdings Ltd wanted to buy BlackBerry for $4.7 billion.
- Special Report: Thailand secretly supplies Myanmar refugees to trafficking rings |
- NSA gathers data on cellphone locations globally: report
- The 10 Most Corrupt and Least Corrupt Countries in the World
- China's airspace zone has caused apprehension: Biden |
- Dementia epidemic looms with 135 million sufferers seen by 2050