Finmeccanica in advanced talks to sell AnsaldoEnergia-unions
MILAN, Sept 23
MILAN, Sept 23 (Reuters) - Italy's defence and aerospace group Finmeccanica confirmed to unions at a meeting on Monday it is in advanced talks with Korea-based Doosan Heavy Industries for the sale of its AnsaldoEnergia unit, unions said in a statement.
Finmeccanica shares rose as much as 4.4 percent after the statement as traders welcomed the prospect of a quick disposal that would help reduce Finmeccanica's large debt pile.
Finmeccanica management also told unions that the state-backed defence player was in talks with a number of foreign manufacturing companies for the possible sale of AnsaldoBreda and AnsaldoSTS, two other units that are part of Finmeccanica's disposal plan.
- Mexican train derails, stranding 1,300 migrants headed toward U.S.
- Texas man charged with capital murder for shooting dead six |
- Palestinian death toll rises to 77 as Israel hits Gaza over rocket fire |
- Wall St. drops on Portugal bank worry; losses pared
- Berlin tells CIA station chief to leave in spy scandal