Heavy and sustained gunfire from Kenyan mall under siege -witness
NAIROBI, Sept 23
NAIROBI, Sept 23 (Reuters) - Heavy and sustained gunfire was heard from the Kenyan shopping mall where at least 68 people were killed in an attack by the Somali al Shabaab group, suggesting a possible assault by Kenyan security forces, a Reuters witness at the scene said.
Kenya's military had earlier said on its Twitter feed that it was making every effort to bring the siege "to a speedy conclusion."
- Malaysia jet sent 'pings' after going missing, sources say |
- Russia holds war games near Ukraine; Merkel warns of catastrophe |
- Rescuers search site of NY building collapse; seven dead |
- White House tried to mediate dispute between Senate, CIA panel: source
- Missing jet may have strayed to west, Malaysia military says |