Heavy and sustained gunfire from Kenyan mall under siege -witness
NAIROBI, Sept 23
NAIROBI, Sept 23 (Reuters) - Heavy and sustained gunfire was heard from the Kenyan shopping mall where at least 68 people were killed in an attack by the Somali al Shabaab group, suggesting a possible assault by Kenyan security forces, a Reuters witness at the scene said.
Kenya's military had earlier said on its Twitter feed that it was making every effort to bring the siege "to a speedy conclusion."
- Study of smoking cancer patients fuels e-cigarette debate
- Alibaba IPO ranks as world's biggest after additional shares sold
- Islamic State closes in on Syrian town, refugees flood into Turkey |
- Exclusive: Iran seeks give and take on Islamic State militants, nuclear program
- Accused White House intruder is decorated Iraq war veteran