Brief gunfire, blasts at Kenya shopping mall siege
NAIROBI, Sept 23
NAIROBI, Sept 23 (Reuters) - Brief but intense gunfire accompanied by at least two blasts were heard coming from inside a Kenyan shopping mall where militants are holed up with hostages, a Reuters witness reported on Monday.
It was the latest of several eruptions of gunfire coming from inside Nairobi's Westgate mall since the early morning, after a largely quiet night. Some of the shots were heard coming from outside.
- Obama and Castro shake hands, Zuma humiliated at Mandela memorial |
- Google bus blocked in San Francisco gentrification protest
- Reporter can keep sources secret in Colorado theater shooting: court
- Thai PM urges protesters to take part in election |
- U.S. regulators seek to curb Wall St. trades with Volcker rule