Microsoft launches new Surface tablets
NEW YORK, Sept 23
NEW YORK, Sept 23 (Reuters) - Microsoft Corp on Monday announced updated versions of its Surface tablets in an effort to boost poor sales and challenge Apple Inc's iPad.
The software company said the Surface 2, which runs on a low-power chip designed by ARM Holdings Plc, will start at $449 for the 32 GB version.
The new Surface Pro 2, which runs on an Intel Corp chip and can run legacy Microsoft programs, will start at $899 for the 64 GB version.
- Canada's parliament attacked, soldier fatally shot nearby |
- NOAA employee charged with stealing U.S. dam information
- Sweden gets two new sightings, as hunt for undersea intruder goes on
- Canada probes Michael Zehaf-Bibeau as possible suspect in Ottawa shooting: source
- Special Report: Traffickers use abductions, prison ships to feed Asian slave trade