Canada government has no comment on private offer for BlackBerry
OTTAWA (Reuters) - Canadian Industry Minister James Moore on Monday declined to comment on a tentative deal to take struggling smartphone maker BlackBerry Ltd (BB.TO) private.
"We have no comment at this time," Moore spokeswoman Jessica Fletcher said in an e-mail.
Separately, Finance Minister Jim Flaherty told reporters in Toronto that he did not comment on private business matters. He made the remark when pressed about news that a consortium led by Fairfax Financial Holdings Ltd (FFH.TO) wanted to buy BlackBerry for $4.7 billion.
(Reporting by David Ljunggren; Editing by Sandra Maler)
- Insight: How U.S. spying cost Boeing multibillion-dollar jet contract
- Exclusive: Secret contract tied NSA and security industry pioneer |
- With Fed out of the way, what's next on Wall Street?
- Yemeni al Qaeda says attack on hospital was mistake
- Insight: For Chinese farmers, a rare welcome in Russia's Far East