Brief gunfire, blasts at Kenya shopping mall siege
NAIROBI (Reuters) - Brief but intense gunfire accompanied by at least two blasts were heard coming from inside a Kenyan shopping mall where militants are holed up with hostages, a Reuters witness reported on Monday.
It was the latest of several eruptions of gunfire coming from inside Nairobi's Westgate mall since the early morning, after a largely quiet night. Some of the shots were heard coming from outside.
- Special Report: Thailand secretly supplies Myanmar refugees to trafficking rings |
- The 10 Most Corrupt and Least Corrupt Countries in the World
- NSA gathers data on cellphone locations globally: report
- China's airspace zone has caused apprehension: Biden |
- China central bank warns banks against use of bitcoin