Fed's Fisher urged trimming $10 billion in Treasuries buying
SAN ANTONIO, Texas
SAN ANTONIO, Texas (Reuters) - Dallas Federal Reserve President Richard Fisher said on Monday he had urged his colleagues to support a $10 billion reduction in the Fed's bond-buying program at the U.S. central bank's policy meeting last week.
The Fed's Treasuries purchases have not helped boost hiring, he said, adding that he preferred that the Fed keep buying mortgage-backed securities because he sees some 'tenderness' in the housing market recovery.
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- Lost Malaysian airliner may have run out of fuel over Indian Ocean : source |
- UPDATE 2-Satellite data shows missing Malaysia plane may have flown thousands of miles-source
- Investigators focus on foul play behind missing Malaysia plane: sources |
- UPDATE 1-Rolls-Royce concurs with Malaysia on missing jet's engine data