German business morale improves in September
BERLIN, Sept 24
BERLIN, Sept 24 (Reuters) - German business morale improved for a fifth consecutive month in September, albeit less than expected, in a further sign that Europe's largest economy is staging a recovery after a weak start to the year.
The Munich-based Ifo think tank said on Tuesday its business climate index, based on a monthly survey of 7,000 firms, rose to 107.7, missing the consensus forecast in a Reuters poll for a reading of 108.2. That compared with a revised reading of 107.6 in August.
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
- Four dead in apparent Connecticut murder-suicide
- Singer Susan Boyle reveals she has Asperger's syndrome: paper
- South Korea expands air defense zone to partially overlap China's |
- Dynasty's Congress party punished in Indian state elections