Restart of construction at Peru mine 'not imminent'- Newmont CEO
DENVER, Sept 24
DENVER, Sept 24 (Reuters) - A restart of construction at Newmont Mining Corp's controversial Conga mine in Peru is "not imminent", the company's chief executive told Reuters on Tuesday.
Chief Executive Gary Goldberg said the situation in Peru is improving, but he said the earliest he would take the Conga project back to his board for a decision would be in early 2015, after elections in the region.
The rich gold development in northern Peru is a joint venture with Peruvian miner Companias de Minas Buenaventura .
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- Investigators focus on foul play behind missing Malaysia plane: sources |
- Kremlin website hit by 'powerful' cyber attack
- West prepares sanctions as Russia presses on with Crimea takeover |
- UPDATE 1-Rolls-Royce concurs with Malaysia on missing jet's engine data