Canon U.S.A. Delivers Innovative IP Video Security Cameras at ASIS 2013 with Full HD and Megapixel Imaging Performance<7751.T>
Canon U.S.A. Delivers Innovative IP Video Security Cameras at ASIS 2013 with Full HD and Megapixel Imaging Performance
Canon U.S.A., Inc., a leader in digital imaging solutions, will exhibit its product line of Full HD, Megapixel and Standard Definition IP Video Security cameras at ASIS 2013, held September 24-26, 2013, at McCormick Place (booth # 377) in Chicago, Ill. Designed to deliver a wealth of end-user benefits to various professional security markets, Canon’s eight different IP Security cameras include Pan-Tilt-Zoom, Fixed Dome and Stationary “Box” Style models.
Visitors at the Canon ASIS 2013 exhibit will have the opportunity to view demonstrations of the precision optics and exceptional image quality of Canon IP Security cameras at four specially designed demo stations. A special demonstration of the low-light capabilities of Canon’s IP Security cameras will display how Canon cameras capture color and black & white video even better than the human eye can see. Also present at the exhibit will be information on Integration Partners and a wide range of third-party Enclosure Solutions, including housings, domes and mounting brackets.
The following models from the Canon IP Video Security camera product line will be on display at the show:
Full HD IP Security
• The VB-H41 Pan-Tilt-Zoom Camera, featuring a Canon 20x optical zoom lens with 12x digital zoom, a wide 60.4º angle of view and an advanced auto focus algorithm for accurate focusing even in low-light, haze, and other challenging environments. With a built-in electronic image stabilization feature that minimizes blur that can be caused by vibration in the installation base, the VB-H41 can capture potentially crucial image detail in low-illumination environments.
• The VB-H610VE Fixed Vandal-Resistant Dome Camera, featuring a clear polycarbonate dome mounted to an aluminum body. This unified enclosure has a dust- and water-resistance rating of IP66 and is designed to absorb violent impacts, or for use in areas that may be subject to abuse, such as correctional facilities, public transportation centers, shopping malls and schools. An optional heater allows the camera to be used in temperatures down to -22º F. The VB-H610VE also features a built-in genuine Canon 111º wide-angle 3x optical zoom lens for clear, high-quality images and can capture potentially crucial image detail in low-illumination environments.
• The VB-H610D Fixed Dome Camera features a built-in genuine Canon wide-angle 3x optical zoom lens with an ultra-wide 111º angle of view, making it ideal for use in areas with severe space restrictions such as stairways, narrow halls and elevators, as well as vast, wide-open spaces such as shopping malls or factory floors.
Both the Canon VB-H610VE and VB-H610D IP Security Cameras also include a Remote Adjustment Function to change their angle of view – including pan, tilt, rotation, zoom, and focus – from any remote Internet-connected PC, thereby virtually eliminating the time and expense of on-site adjustments involving labor, transportation and equipment.
• The VB-H710F Fixed “Box” Camera provides a built-in genuine Canon wide-angle 3x optical zoom lens with an ultra-wide 112.6º angle of view. A feature of this camera is its built-in motorized focus and zoom function, which enables users to remotely adjust those settings from any Internet-connected PC.
The two proprietary Canon DIGIC processors in each of Canon’s Full HD IP Security cameras include the Canon DIGIC DV III image processor, which provides superior image quality, vivid color reproduction, low noise, and smooth gradations and the Canon DIGIC NET II network video processor, which transmits H.264 and M-JPEG simultaneously at 1920 x 1080 up to 30 frames per second.
Megapixel IP Security
The following Canon Megapixel IP Security cameras will be on display at ASIS. They feature a 1.3-Megapixel CMOS image sensor and a Canon DIGIC NET processor for simultaneous transmission of H.264 and M-JPEG at 1920 x 960 up to 30 frames per second.
• The VB-M40 Pan-Tilt-Zoom Camera, featuring a Canon 20x optical zoom lens with 4x digital zoom, a wide 55.4º angle of view, advanced auto focus and electronic image stabilization.
• The VB-M600VE Fixed Vandal-Resistant IP66-rated Dome Camera can absorb violent impacts due to the mounting of the camera’s lens in a damping mechanism. This unique Canon aspherical 3x optical zoom lens delivers an ultra-wide 101.2º angle of view, making it ideal for use in areas with severe space restrictions. An optional heater allows the VB-M600VE camera to be used in temperatures down to -22º F.
• The VB-M600D Fixed Dome Camera also includes a Canon aspherical 3x optical zoom lens with an ultra-wide 101.2º angle of view and special lens-coating technology enabling it to produce sharp, high-quality sharp images with minimal distortion and flare.
These Canon Full HD and Megapixel IP Security cameras include built-in video analytics to assist monitoring personnel in identifying potentially crucial image details. This includes moving, removed and abandoned object detection. The four Full HD IP Security cameras also offer passing (or “tripwire”) detection. User-adjustable in terms of detection characteristics, such as sensitivity, area and duration, video analytics can engage configured alarms and notification functions. All eight cameras also feature camera analytics, which include detection of camera tampering and sound-level detection that may indicate vandalism or sabotage.
Additional features shared by each of these security cameras include a privacy mask function to block sensitive locations (such as ATM keypads or computer monitors) from the cameras’ view while still allowing for a full range of motion. The cameras feature two-way audio connectors for bi-directional sound communication, built-in management tools and a web viewer function for remote video monitoring by authorized users on supported web browsers.
• The VB-C60 (640 x 480) Resolution Pan-Tilt-Zoom IP Security Camera will also be on display at the show. It features a built-in 40x optical zoom with a 56° wide angle lens, a wide panning range (± 170°), auto focus, image stabilization, and a proprietary Canon DIGIC NET Processor for simultaneous M-JPEG and MPEG-4 video output at up to 30 frames per second.
About Canon U.S.A., Inc.
Canon U.S.A., Inc., is a leading provider of consumer, business-to-business, and industrial digital imaging solutions. With approximately $40 billion in global revenue, its parent company, Canon Inc. (NYSE:CAJ), ranks third overall in U.S. patents registered in 2012† and is one of Fortune Magazine's World’s Most Admired Companies in 2013. In 2012, Canon U.S.A. has received the PCMag.com Readers’ Choice Award for Service and Reliability in the digital camera and printer categories for the ninth consecutive year, and for camcorders for the past two years. Canon U.S.A. is committed to the highest level of customer satisfaction and loyalty, providing 100 percent U.S.-based consumer service and support for all of the products it distributes. Canon U.S.A. is dedicated to its Kyosei philosophy of social and environmental responsibility. To keep apprised of the latest news from Canon U.S.A., sign up for the Company's RSS news feed by visiting www.usa.canon.com/rss and follow us on Twitter @CanonUSA.
†Based on weekly patent counts issued by United States Patent and Trademark Office.
All referenced product names, and other marks, are trademarks of their respective owners.
Canon U.S.A., Inc.
Emily Moran, 631-330-2403
Leigh Nofi, 631-330-3783
Canon U.S.A. Web site:
For sales information/customer support:
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- Investigators focus on foul play behind missing Malaysia plane: sources |
- Kremlin website hit by 'powerful' cyber attack
- West prepares sanctions as Russia presses on with Crimea takeover |
- UPDATE 1-Rolls-Royce concurs with Malaysia on missing jet's engine data