China's CIC acquires 12.5 pct stake in Uralkali in exchange for bonds
MOSCOW, Sept 24
MOSCOW, Sept 24 (Reuters) - Chinese sovereign wealth fund, China Investment Corp (CIC), has acquired a 12.5-percent stake in Russia's Uralkali in a bond exchange deal, two sources familiar with the matter said on Tuesday.
The main owners of Uralkali, the world's largest potash producer, sold the exchangeable bonds to Chengdong Investment Corporation, a subsidiary of CIC, last November. The bonds are due in 2014.
- U.S. war veteran released by North Korea returns home |
- Pennsylvania newlyweds "just wanted to murder someone together:" police
- Ice storm causes blackouts, delays in Texas, Arkansas
- WTO overcomes last minute hitch to reach its first global trade deal
- China's parliament: Japan has "no right to criticize" air defense zone