German business morale improves in September
BERLIN (Reuters) - German business morale improved for a fifth consecutive month in September, albeit less than expected, in a further sign that Europe's largest economy is staging a recovery after a weak start to the year.
The Munich-based Ifo think tank said on Tuesday its business climate index, based on a monthly survey of 7,000 firms, rose to 107.7, missing the consensus forecast in a Reuters poll for a reading of 108.2. That compared with a revised reading of 107.6 in August.
(Reporting by Berlin bureau, writing by Michelle Martin)
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- Lost passenger jet was diverted deliberately: Malaysian PM |
- UPDATE 2-Satellite data shows missing Malaysia plane may have flown thousands of miles-source
- Investigators focus on foul play behind missing Malaysia plane: sources |
- Malaysia PM says lost plane's movements indicate a deliberate act